A Physical Demands Analysis (PDA) is an objective measure of the physical and functional requirements of a job. It identifies the essential functions and critical demands of a job, identifying tools and other equipment used, together with all appropriate worksite measurements such as forces, distances, repetitions and identifiable potential modifications. The Physical Demands Analysis also details information regarding strength, mobility, endurance and postural requirements.
Physical Demands Analysis Can Be Used To:
- Ensure an early and safe return to work
- Determine appropriate modified work for injured workers
- Identify issues for ergonomic intervention
- Analyze work that precedes injury prevention education program development
- Define factors for worksite design/redesign
- Develop appropriate protocols for Pre-employment Functional Screens